ZipGrow Farm Wall's are by far our favorite outdoor hydroponics system. With its vertical design, you can grow dozens of plants in the same footprint of four plants grow in a traditional garden. We have tested the ZipGrow system for years and are greatest growing success has been with many different types of leafy greens including kale, lettuce, basil, lemon balm and cilantro. You can also grow strawberries, sunflowers, cherry tomatoes and more! You will not find a more diverse hydroponics system on the market!
For your first ZipGrow Farm Wall, we recommend the 5 foot height by 4 tower setup that you see in the photos. There are different sizes and tower setups, but we find this to be the ideal set up for beginners just starting off with hydroponics.
Why do we love this system so much?
- It's versatile! Grow leafy greens, strawberries, flowers or cherry tomatoes. You can even grow 2 to 3 different types of plants in the system at the same time!
- ZipGrow Farm Walls take up less space! Do you have a south facing wall that is approximately 4 foot by 7 foot? Then, you have room for this system! Depending on what you are growing, you can plant up to 32 plants in this system in this space! In a traditional garden, you might be able to grow 4 plants in the same space. That means you can grow 8x as much in the same space!
- No dirt = no mess! ZipGrow Farm Walls use reusable media strips that can be used over and over again! The media is made from recycled plastic bottles so it is Earth friendly! And, there is no dirt which means no mess and no weeds to pull!
- The system comes with everything you need to grow! Other hydroponic systems will require you to buy media like clay balls or rockwool to support your plants. This system comes with everything you need to get growing!
- It's manufactured in the USA!
What Comes With The Wall:
- 2, 4, or 8 ZipGrow Towers
- 2 PVC Gutters (38" length on 4 tower Wall, 78.5" length on 8 tower Wall)
- Drip irrigation system
- Active Aqua 400 pump
- Media pulling hook
- 1 8 oz. bottle of Dyna-Gro nutrient solution
- Appropriate number of wicking strips (2 per 5' tower, 1 per 3' tower)
- Miscellaneous hardware (Wall mounts, screws, control valve, zipties, etc)
Tools Needed For Assembly:
- A drill
- Crescent wrench
- Fasteners specific to your mounting style (e.g. heavy duty screws, drywall anchors, masonry anchors)
- Scissors (to trim zip ties)